What is this (ID)?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooper08

Minister of Fire
Jan 4, 2016
South Lyon, MI
Thinking about buying this wood. The guy says it was standing dead when it was cut and all the bark is off of it now. I asked him what he thought it was, he thought maybe ash but wasn't sure. He's selling it for cheap since he's moving, but I don't want to get into something like willow. I'm definitely no expert. What do you guys think?

upload_2016-3-6_13-14-0.png

upload_2016-3-6_13-14-40.png

On my mobile device and cannot get the picture that big to tell, but if the price is good, it's pretty dry btu's for the shoulder seasons or next year, mostly ready for you.
I would get it.

maple

It's hard to tell maybe maple ash or even hickory. If it's solid, and hard does it matter it will burn and you said it was cheap. Looks like there is a lot there, he tell you how much wood he has? If it is all of the above I say grab it, if you don't somebody else will.

Have to agree. If it is not punked and cheap I would grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.