1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

What is this insert? He calls it an Aristrocrat

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Markhering, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Markhering

Markhering New Member

Loc:
    South Carolina
    [​IMG]
    I am in the market for an insert and found this on the infamous craigslist for $300 including flue liner and chimney cap. He says it is an "Aristrocrat". what are your thought O learned ones.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Big Dan

Big Dan New Member

Loc:
    quahog Rhode island
    Looks old and not worth $
  3. Markhering

Markhering New Member

Loc:
    South Carolina
    That is what I was thinking too. I couldn't find who made it or any info. If I could have found a replacement door for it, I might have gone for it.
  4. bsruther

bsruther Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky
    Looks like a Buck copy. Probably a decent stove if you use dry wood, but it will burn a lot of it. Needs a stove pipe adapter.
  5. ridensnow23

ridensnow23 Member

Loc:
    Western PA
    Looks like a pre-EPA insert.
  6. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    It is a clean looking stove! You just have to know the difference between the old and the new EPA stoves. I have both and love them both. As clean as it looks, $300 is not a bad price if that is what you want.
  7. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    I have never seen one exactly like it. It is not a Buck. But as others have said it looks like a Buck knock off. A lot of them produced in the 70's and 80's, Maybe Webbie will chime in. He is the "old" expert.
  8. Markhering

Markhering New Member

Loc:
    South Carolina
    I am still holding this out as an option because $300 sure beats $3000! (I am looking at an Osburn 2400)I will have to read up on pre/post EPA stoves. Plus, the guy really wants it out of his way...if I don't take the chimney liner he will sell the stove alone for $200, btw, he says that it has a broken glass panel and a bad fan blade.
    Thanks for all the help.
  9. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    Does it come with the rectangle to round boot adapter? You can figure about $30-$60 to get a piece of new glass depending if you get it online or local.
  10. Big Dan

Big Dan New Member

Loc:
    quahog Rhode island
    A nice American family walks into a talent agents office....