What is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like someone hooked up ducting around their woodstove and also hooked it to a hot water tank. Yikes! :bug:

He'll be checking soon after his wife finds the smelling salts. Amongst the several violations, note hot water tank is vented right onto the living room floor.

Hey Warren, this is in your neighborhood. Maybe you could check it out?

If you jump on it quick, you could have it for $10.00!
You'd save more than that in hot water the first month!
:lol:

He needs to change the name from Riteway Airtight Woodstove to Wrongway Airtight Woodstove.

Riteway actually did have plenum kits as well as hot water kits and boilers....

But, this ain't THEM.
N6, tell me the story of your avatar, so I can make certain it matches this:
"Any photos or avatars should be hearth or home related - Like no GW Bush pics, etc…"
(now you see where I got the "no rush" from!)
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewannounce/1_2/
(the welcome message for the forums that has been here 2 years!)

Ok, any answer but "free speech" will do the job......

When I pull the trigger fire comes out. Also if I shoot it fast enough it will keep my hands warm. It also protects my home. Will that work?
Don

I thought you would all get a kick out of that. Now I'm fairly new to wood burning, only a few years so far, but even I could figure out that this just doesn't seem safe.

N6CRV said:
When I pull the trigger fire comes out. Also if I shoot it fast enough it will keep my hands warm. It also protects my home. Will that work?
Don

:) Great Answer!!!!

Ditto. Although I still agree with Web.

Do you really think a Building Inspector/Code Enforcement Officer would look at that thing and say "Ok everything seems to be in order here"

That thing just plain doesn't look safe, even without a fire burning in it.

Just my .02

someone built a system where he ducted heat upstairs & got hot water too. its a jewel! floor around shows no sign of mishaps so it probably works fine.
its sad that creativity & improvization are so dogmatically frowned upon. Reminds me of Salem & the institutionally approved WITCHBURNERS!

Enord, that's presuming it works well. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But would I recommend doing this, absolutely not. Even without seeing the actual setup, there are visual issues here that are unresolvable.

Note the vent thimble on the chimney facing? does any one see a vent pipe to that stove shouldn't it be attached to the thimble? Glad it not in my town

You think that is bad yesterday I got called in to see a pellet stove vented using a dryer vent. The Fd called me because they could not believe what they saw 4 "
Alumium flexible dryer vent. The fd responded to put out the bush that caught fire outside right next to the vent exit. Naturally no permit was pulled

I can't post pictures during an on going investigation Oh the exit included removing a pane of glass and replacing it with cardboard which also was charred

Status
Not open for further replies.