What is/was your occupation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jon...small world....Didn't know you were on this forum! I remember the old days when you guys were in Maine. See your posts on Facebook all the time...love the pictures!

Chandler Rudd

tchdngrnby said:
Retired Navy.

Go Navy!!!! Several of us here. What did you serve on and what was your rank/rating?

Hi Chandler - WOW, I'll say! From burning 7+ cords of wood over a winter's time in Maine to burning pellets in Kentucky! I'm very pleased with my stove, although the blower is a bit noisy. If it works well this winter and reduces my overall heating costs (electric & propane) significantly, I'll look to upgrade next year.
I joined this forum a short time ago to learn & I've certainly done that. it's been a great experience.
Cheers, Jon

Retired teacher....shop / welding / special ed...30 years. Working part time right now to buy my pellets at the Pelletier's Loggering Company here in Millinocket, Maine..these are the guys on The American Loggers...on the Discovery channels...I work with Eldon and Rudy and I help out in the gift shop. Here in Millinocket the new onwers of the mills are planning to open a pellet mill operation here in Millinocket...I guess these pellets bricks..??? will be shipped over to Europe..

CWR said:
I was a ASE certified master mechanic at a dealership.

I'm a life long wrench at a GM dealership.
Master ASE certified.
GM STS certified.

Trickyrick said:
tjnamtiw said:
PJPellet said:
I used to bury people. Burial vault installation and putting the casket in the vault and then putting the lid on. When things were slow I'd help load bodies into the crematory retorts. Now I'm just a stay-at-home dad to two babies.

That's my son's job now! His motto > 'I'll be the last one to ever let you down......'

I was a production supervisor, then production superintendent, then mechanical/electrical engineer, and finally Engineering Manager for Continental Can, bought out by Sonoco Products, bought out by Greif, Inc. Retired after 32 years. Uncle Sam trained me in nuclear power engineering and submarines and I spent many good, exciting times on a missile carrying nuke sub in the 60's.

Cool I'm working for Sonoco now. Sr manufacturing engineer for the plastics division.
There use to be a sunoco factory here in my area. They made big blue and white plastic drums.

Tool &Die; Maker 36 years for general motors,retired now plant closed took the buy out.
Part time solid fuel installer,friend of mine runs the business,getting to old for that heavy stuff :)

Coal Miner for 14 years. Route Sales (bread and Little Debbie cakes) for 22 years. Current Retired.

AW1223 said:
Coal Miner for 14 years. Route Sales (bread and Little Debbie cakes) for 22 years. Current Retired.

Good God I Love Little Debbie products!!!!!!!!!

PJPellet said:
AW1223 said:

Good God I Love Little Debbie products!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like PJ found a new screen name. :lol:

Lil D

jdempsey said:
Trickyrick said:
Cool I'm working for Sonoco now. Sr manufacturing engineer for the plastics division.
There use to be a sunoco factory here in my area. They made big blue and white plastic drums.

It's SOnoco. Everyone gets that confused with the oil company. It stands for SOthern NOvelty COmpany. 'Novelties' are the cones used in knitting mills. That's how Sonoco got its start.
The plant you are talking about, I think, is in Mt. Sterling, Ky. Been there many times. Nice people. It's now owned by Greif, Inc., a company I went with when we were bought out by them.

I drive a truck that goes around and picks up bottles and cans from redemption centers.

Also me and my family have a small Christmas wreath business. http://familytraditionwreaths.com

Check it out and place an order, you won't be disappointed, plus we can ship as gifts to anyone i nthe OCntinental US for you.

Retired, but used to work for a large international electronics corp. as an electronics engineer doing failure analysis, technical writing, and design improvement on hi end medical ultrasound equipment.

The Government

now got promoted to be a Supervisor for a company, was a tech for repairing and trouble shooting Motorola products for the same company

In home computer repair guy ..

Inventor, but unfortunately everything I invented has already been invented:(

To All who have served our country...........THANK YOU!! Those from Nam.......Welcome Home! Ya sure didn't get a welcome home back then!

I sell Safety Shoes. Drive a straight truck with a "shoe store" in the back. Love the job. Also a moderator on the Patriot Guard Website.

I also salute our vets who have sacrificed to make our world safe.

statistician...build data systems for reporting.

Retired electronics technician.

Status
Not open for further replies.