What is/was your total snowfall for winter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the high desert of Central Oregon, at about 3500'. I'm east of the Cascade Range, which constitutes one of the most dramatic rain shadows in the world, and divides Oregon into a "wet side" (west of the Cascades), and a "dry side" over here to the east of the mountains. It's typically very dry here, with annual rainfall of less than 12", and annual snowfall of about 24" total...typically in a number of snowfalls of a few inches through the winter. I've lived here since 2007. I know that all you real snow country dwellers will find this to be totally underwhelming, but in early February of this year we had the biggest single snowfall I've yet seen here...about 26" or so. I know, y-a-w-n. I saw much more snow every year during the 12 years I lived in Northern Virginia. But for here, it was a somewhat memorable event. Rick

snow1.jpg

So, running total 112 inch. ---> about 9ft to date. We have a drift over our parking ramp that's over 39 feet tall. I got money says it still be present in June,

Last edited:
Reactions: Swedishchef
We got 71", not too bad just all came in two clusters, early in the season and in March. There was a long lull of no snow, January, February, but temps were brutal. Meanwhile in Japan...this area can get upto 53'. :eek:
img9[1].jpg
1231201082437PM[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.