What is wrong with these people?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
If you do a few thousand dollars worth of work -- I'll let you keep a few cords of un-split wood....WHAT A DEAL!!

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/zip/2558625251.html

I have 3 mature oak trees that I need cut down. In exchange for cutting them down, you can keep the logs for lumber or firewood.
These can not just be cut down and chopped since they are close to my shed and swingset etc. They will have to be roped and cut in sections.
This would be ideal for an experienced tree climber with climbing gear who needs free wood

.....and has nothing better to do than give away his time and services for free --- again --- What is wrong with these people?

HAHA its all over isnt it? :lol:

Reminds me of this one I seen here last Wednesday - You get 1 large Walnut & 1 larger Oak,for 'firewood or woodworking lumber',but have to be licensed & insured.I'm sure those clowns have just been inundated with responses.... :-S Oh!! They'd like this done before Winter & would you please take care of the stumps,too? LMAO

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/zip/2552168377.html

Nothing wrong with these people, they are making an offer. If you don't like it then don't take it. That's the way c-list works.

It follows my philosophy on dating, shoot for the moon, if that doesn't work then work your way back. Doesn't cost anything to ask and that is what these folks are doing.

This forum is not meant to bash anyone. We all know there are risks involved when any tree is dropped.

pen

Pen, on that note- I answered a CL ad. a few months ago, they had 2 cord of "hardwood" available for a personal show. I thought it was a Troll post, so I ran with it. Nope, it was a guy named "Mike", and he wanted a show for the wood he had on hand. He was serious, but a very good sport when responding. So....

The usual unrealistic expectations. I think people over value firewood or lumber and try to save the cost of a professional. It does not work that way.

MarkinNC said:
The usual unrealistic expectations. I think people over value firewood or lumber and try to save the cost of a professional. It does not work that way.

Or even a serious amateur.

I have some garbage that could be turned into good compost for free..FREE bags of this "future compost" will be placed curbside for your weekly convenience.. Perhaps a listing on Craigslist is in order here!

Ray

Many people overvalue what they have and undervalue what they want to have. Its human nature. They don't really understant why a professional dropping trees is worth more than $8-10 an hour. After all, chainsaws can be had for around $100 or so at Sears or Wal-Mart and its not rocket science to run them, right?

I see these ads on CL around here also.

One peeve of mine though. It's not firewood unless it's cut to length, and split (if needed). And of course it still needs to dry out/season.

raybonz said:
I have some garbage that could be turned into good compost for free..FREE bags of this "future compost" will be placed curbside for your weekly convenience.. Perhaps a listing on Craigslist is in order here!

Ray

Careful Ray, you might get too many takers there and they will be knocking on your door soon.

Backwoods Savage said:
raybonz said:

Ray

Careful Ray, you might get too many takers there and they will be knocking on your door soon.

Yeah I am afraid of that Dennis lol.. The seagulls will not be happy with increased competition!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.