What is your fuel preference?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

What is your preference for buring

• Wood pellet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corn

• Dogfood

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blthomas

Oct 14, 2006
Culpeper, VA
As mentioned in my first post, we used to burn wood, then got a coal burner.

After some great info on what I should be looking for to enhance my fireplace, I know they sell coal and wood pellet inserts.

So, how many folks here burn coal or wood pellets, versus good old fashioned cord wood?

My main reasoning for asking is I dislike the labor involved with cutting and splitting wood. But the rewards are damn near impossible to beat. Especially with plenty of downed hardwood at my fingertips.

Just trying to figure out what I want to do.

thanks,
Blair

Its hard to beat FREE wood.

Free works every time for me too.

I burn cord wood because it appears that if you burn pellets you spend a hell of a lot of time on hearth.com asking what the funny noise your pellet stove is making could be caused by.

And the other half of your time on hearth.com telling other pellet stove owners what you think is causing THEIR noises.

When I pull the rope on that chainsaw I know what causes the noise that comes next.

BrotherBart said:
I burn cord wood because it appears that if you burn pellets you spend a hell of a lot of time on hearth.com asking what the funny noise your pellet stove is making could be caused by.

And the other half of your time on hearth.com telling other pellet stove owners what you think is causing THEIR noises.

When I pull the rope on that chainsaw I know what causes the noise that comes next.

:exclaim: :lol: :exclaim:

if you can get free wood,i would go wood. And don't think of it as labor but as excersize.
Jay

BrotherBart said:

Wow that's cold BB.........................................It is true though :red:
but I know what makes the funny noises on my stove I just wish the manufacturer could figure it out and resolve the issues, maybe they should be on this forum :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.