what kind of glass cleaner do you use ????????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wet newspaper and ash is the simplest cleaning solution!

There is no better, greener or even more economical.

Try it!

I had almost forgotten?? haven`t had to clean the glass for the past 3 weeks. Maybe tomorrow, if I remember? It just doesn`t ever look like it needs cleaning. but if and when I remember it will be ash from the insert and a wet paper towell.

Burn hot and clean and that question will be as problematic as asking about cresote? If you are really burning nice dry firewood?

Every time the insert is cool enough to shovel out some ash, the glass gets cleaned.

It gets cleaned with ash. Make a paste with water and some fine ash, and keep rubbing it on the dirty glass with a paper towel until it comes clean.

Never takes more than a few minutes.

fuweasel said:
i used the single edged razor blade it worked great , thank you .

You are welcome.

Now please, do not run out and buy like some of the boys : a laser shooting infrared thermometer, a moisture meter, a 30 ton Rottweiler 360 Degree Thermo Splitter, or a 36" bar 80cc Macho Master of the Universe chainsaw for only a couple of bought cords of firewood. Please. :red:

Easy goes it....I just bought my first IR Thermometer, although, it does not seem to tell me anything more than I knew (the stove it hot). Anyway, it's a Jotul insert with no good place to set a thermometer. I picked up on a thread here the other day when someone mentioned using citrus GoJo, so I bought some and tried it. I liked it better than the glass cleaner that my stove company sold me. Less mess, quicker, cheaper, all good. Be sure to follow it up with windex or equivalent. I will try the ash trick before the season is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.