What kind of pellets are best

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dloyler

Feb 13, 2016
Cotopaxi, CO
I live inCotopaxi Colorado and have just bought a Pelpro 130. I used a pallet of pellets from Big R where I got the stove but have had trouble with the stove. I just got a pallet of Green Tree from Lowes! Anybody know whether these are good or are there better ones?.

There are many better than Green Team but it depends what is available to you and what your stove will like best

The fun part is trying different brands yourself to see what your stove likes. I might recommend a brand that's good in my stove but it may not burn well in yours. Buy a few bags of different brands and experiment, looking at heat and ash. Soon you'll know what works and what doesn't.

As many people will agree on, no matter the product,
for the most part, you get what you pay for..
Cheap pellets will work.
But better pellets work better... but come at a higher price.
Usually.
Lots of the products from the Northwest, are excellent.
Perhaps cheaper there for you, than here...!
Lot of people are finding that softwoods are popular.
Almost everything we sell, is from the Northwest.
Cost more to get it here, but people are willing to spring for them,
over BBS...

Dan

I live inCotopaxi Colorado and have just bought a Pelpro 130. I used a pallet of pellets from Big R where I got the stove but have had trouble with the stove. I just got a pallet of Green Tree from Lowes! Anybody know whether these are good or are there better ones?.
Green Tree??

My stove loves the green tree pellets! It hasn't had the build up of gunk in the burn pot like the other pellets. It turns of and relights like a pro!