What kind of stove is this..?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zsienkiewicz149

Oct 9, 2016
Chicago
My parents are remodeling their living room and we are trying to determine what kind of wood burning stove they have. The tag says "Kol Gas" but I can't seem to find anything on the Internet about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20161008_143303.jpg
    20161008_143303.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 20161008_143310.jpg
    20161008_143310.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 208
Wow that looks like an oldie, coal burner? does it have a grate system inside?

Does it have air controls only at the bottom?
It would make an interesting flower pot / planter on the front porch.

Interesting cylinder style stove. The grate makes me think woodburner. Looks like there are all sorts of heat transfer? flaps inside. Wondering if this burns like a Tempwood or the opposite like an sheet metal Ashely stove. Does the flue outlet just open to the top interior of the stove or is there a smoke channel to the bottom of the stove?

Last edited:
Interesting tank style stove. The grate makes me think woodburner. Looks like there are all sorts of heat transfer? flaps inside. Wondering if this burns like a Tempwood or the opposite like an sheet metal Ashely stove. Does the flue outlet just open to the top interior of the stove or is there a smoke channel to the bottom of the stove?
I think it just opens to the top interior...should I take a picture of down the flue. I am really a newbie and don't know that I know all the nomenclature of this burner

No problem, it's the first time I have seen this stove make/model too. It may be a simple parlor stove.

Last edited:
looks like a couple of incinerators i seen in peoples houses i've been in

Status
Not open for further replies.