What kind of stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown stove

Mar 15, 2015
Ridgecrest cal
I need help to find out what kind of stove this is so I can get a permit to install it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 259
Are there any tags on it anywhere?

what does the tag on the ash lip say on the left hand side?

Is there a logo to the left of the intake tic marks on that ruler?

Isn't a stove without an affixed UL-tag considered an unlisted stove anyway? I would ask your local building inspector.

Isn't a stove without an affixed UL-tag considered an unlisted stove anyway? I would ask your local building inspector.
Yes if the tag is not there it is an unlisted stove

An unlisted stove needs 36" clearance to combustibles on all sides. That can be reduced by appropriate wall shields down to 12" according to NFPA 211. http://www.maine.gov/dps/fmo/documents/standardsfor_solidfuel_stoves.pdf However, check your local codes whether they follow NFPA 211 in their installation requirements for wood stoves. Your local code authority will have final say.

Status
Not open for further replies.