what kinda tree

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbelec

Minister of Fire
Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
we all guess at what kind of tree is this or that, and looking at some web sites about identifying trees alot of them don't have real pictures. does anybody have any closeup pictures of trees that they would like to share? i have trees on my lot that i have guessed at but not aways known. also i have burnt some black locust but have never seen the tree itself.

fbelec said:
we all guess at what kind of tree is this or that, and looking at some web sites about identifying trees alot of them don't have real pictures. does anybody have any closeup pictures of trees that they would like to share? i have trees on my lot that i have guessed at but not aways known. also i have burnt some black locust but have never seen the tree itself.

Get yourself a copy of "National Audobon Field Guide to North American Trees" at Borders, Waldenbooks, etc. This is the best book that I have ever found for pictures of bark, leaves, nuts, fruit etc. I'm sure that you'll find it invaluable.

Hi guys,

I just bought the Field Guide: Trees of New York by Stan Tekiela. It is a really nice little book for taking out there and looking things up. Nice text. Easy to read with nice tidbits about the tree and good pictures.

It is worth the $11-13/

CarpNiels

Status
Not open for further replies.