what pellets should i buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cluelessrich

Dec 27, 2012
yakima wa
first year burning pellets first ton was eureka premium they were ok looking for next ton looking at clean burn or blue mountain or any others i should look for thank you from yakima washington

Don't know if you can get them out there but I kinda lean toward Stove Chow. Low ash good heat.

Go hit the stores around you and buy 1 or 2 bags of a few brands... bring them home and burn them... some will seem like they dont' give you a lot of heat, some will seem like they give you a lot of ash. You'll find one that gives good heat with an amount of ash you can live with.

Stoves vary, as do what's available near you. GreeneTeam at Lowes or FiresideUltra at HomeDepot are a good place to start, not sure if they're out your way though.

Absolutely great time to see what burns best in your stove. Buy two bags of different brand pellets and burn them. Note the flame color, heat output and ash build up in the stove. Give us a report on what you use and how it works in your stove. Pellets are different as well as stoves. Great time to match up what works best for you.

Get some of the great Doug. Fir pellets you have out that way....I hear great things about Bear Mtn.

Bear Mountain are supposed to be the best pellet all of all pellets produced. I have burned the Eureka you mentioned. A great pellet in the midwest, but not the greatest where you are at. Other options for you are Cleanburn and Olympus. Regardless of the pellet, make sure it is a doug. fir, and you will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.