What setting do you run your stove on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillNH1969

Nov 28, 2013
New Hampshire
I was running my Enviro M55 in the Auto/Off setting but I was thinking that the stove restarting several times a day was putting unnecessary wear on the igniter. What position do you run your stove in and why?

I was running my Enviro M55 in the Auto/Off setting but I was thinking that the stove restarting several times a day was putting unnecessary wear on the igniter. What position do you run your stove in and why?
I run our M55 on High/Low.
I have a thermostat wired up about 15 feet from the stove and set it at 75 deg constant.
I use #3 as the main setting. The stove cycles between #3 (High) and #1 (Low). Keeps 2000 sq ft nice and warm.
The Igniter is only used to start the stove after the weekly cleanings.

Run my M55 in Hi/Lo on 3/2 for the most part, if it gets real cold I'll kick it to 4/2.With
the thermostat set at 74.

Thanks for the info. I did change the setting and have been running on 3/1 unless its really cold out and then I run it on 4/1. It keeps the house nice and warm and the temps stays more even.

We have been running our new M55 on 4/1 since it has been very cold. We set the temperature for 70 on the thermostat but the stove continues to run on level 4 because it never gets to 70. The thermostat is about 5 feet away from the stove. We have a 2000 sq ft ranch with a very open floor plan. What are we doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.