what size brush?---***update***couldnt find it in stock so i modified one.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCoBernie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 8, 2008
I have a 7x11 flue that i need to clean out. I went to HD the other day and the only size brushes they had were 6" round, 8" round and 8"x8" square. My guess would be the 8x8 square but i have concerns that it might get stuck. anyone else have a 7x11 flue? what do you use to clean it? The guy at the hardware store said to get some burlap and bricks and clean it that way.....that doesnt sound too effective to me.

Try northlineexpress.com they have a pretty good selection of brushes including 7x11 rectangle. Hope this helps.
Hank

Rutland makes one, find a dealer for them, online or maybe your local sweep? Its a true 7x11 brush, so it cleans fully.

well no one had a 7x11 in stock but they did have an 8x12 at HD so i picked it up and snipped off about 1/4-1/2 inch all the way around it. didnt waste the $ on the flex rods as the damn brush was expensive enough. I picked up 50ft of rope, tied 30lbs of weights to it, tied the brush to it and down the 20ft chimney it went. i think it did a real nice job scrubbing the chimney but my arms are tired from pulling it up, then dropping it down, then pulling it up, then dropping it down haha. liner should be here soon...i hope!

here's a before and after shot. I guess my chimney was lined w terra cotta after all! it looked like cinder block before i scrubbed it. here's a pic of the rig i used too.

Attachments

• S5000719.jpg
    S5000719.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 172
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 152
  • rig.jpg
    rig.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.