what size pipe do i need

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8nrider

Aug 15, 2008
new hampshire
hooking a stove straight shot to a block chimney with a 8" clay thimble. the i.d. of the thimble is 7 3/4" strong. the i.d. of stove is 7 1/4"stronge. i'm having trouble finding pipe to fit these. what do i really need for pipe? thanks. not having much luck with the local hardware store.

the stove is 28" away from the thimble. 1/4" pitch down from thimble to stove. i'd like to use slip connector to be able to clean pipe.

yes directly to chimney. my concern is every stove i have hooked up the pipe went intothe flange.

the stove is an older tarm mb55.

7" with a wrap of flat 5/16's gasket pushed into any gaps

do you really think i need a flue damper on an old mb55. and i'm sure there will be creosote. good luck to ya and thanks all for the input. if i can't find the right fitting i'll go the route of 7" with chinking. tanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.