What sound does the fox say?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvmesomesamples

Burning Hunk
Oct 3, 2013
Cambridge NY
So quick question, does the oak provide air to both the distribution and exhaust air? I get the fuss about not wanting to send warm air up the chimney but what about the advantages of heating already heated air? Wouldn't this make the air even hotter?
In full disclosure I am sitting I front of my accentra insert (no oak) wondering how I can get it to heat my entire 3500 sf house:) Ahhhhhh, To oak or not oak....

On a side note I picked up my 5th ton of the season. Green label ligs bc I missed out on the short window that my lowes had Prestos in stock last weekend. Paid $270. Burning great !

==cOAK is combustion air,unless you have a stove like mine where it is open in side,which is why I do not run an OAK.And yes some stoves today are still made that way.To heat 3500?Buy a forge,melt down stove,forge will heat house.==c

The problem with heating already heated air is that some has to go out that venting system. If the air is drawn from within the house, it has to be replaced with cold outside air pulled in from any weak point - makes the house feel drafty. I know it made a noticeable difference in the quality of burn in my house (started out without one - two weeks later put in the OAK:)) so may improve efficiency of the stove.

If you want to heat with just pellets - plan on getting another pellet stove or start looking at boilers;lol

Reactions: rona and Bioburner
Ring-Ding-Ding-Ding-Dingeringeding! To be exact.

Ring-Ding-Ding-Ding-Dingeringeding! To be exact.
I'm under the impression that they're just taking guesses at what the fox says. They never say that the fox says that, as they do when they say the cow goes moo and so on and so forth.

I'm under the impression that they're just taking guesses at what the fox says. They never say that the fox says that, as they do when they say the cow goes moo and so on and so forth.
It must true. I saw it on you tube! ;em

Status
Not open for further replies.