What stove is this? (Regency)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

project240

Nov 30, 2010
Alberta
Help me out...

This is the only picture I have and I'm not sure which model Regency stove this is. I know it's at least a few years old. The dimensions are roughly 28"Wide, 31" Tall and 23" Deep. There aren't any marking on the back/side/bottom of the stove with a model number. Based on the dimensions, only one stove fits the bill on the Regency site, but not exactly, so I'm thinking it may be an older model?

Anybody familiar with these stoves, please help me out!

Thanks

RegencyStove.gif

I should add, the only markings numbers we found were WH-7946

That's the one I thought as well. Again, based on dimensions, it is the only one that is even close. Shouldn't the stove have some kind of markings somewhere though?

I would expect it should have an information plate somewhere, but it might have been taken off for some reason... or maybe it's hidden by the pedestal or something? You can download the PDF of the manual and see if everything on the stove looks the same.

It is a R series for sure. Probably a R-3 I have 2 of them. They are like timex watches.. Both mine are early 90's models and burn as good now as they ever did.

Awesome!! Thanks Guys!

Does anybody know what the BTU rating might be on this? I'm guessing maybe 80,000? Also, now I know this will definitely vary from place to place, but looking for a price in good, used condition? A general ballpark or range would be great.

project240 said:
Awesome!! Thanks Guys!

Does anybody know what the BTU rating might be on this? I'm guessing maybe 80,000? Also, now I know this will definitely vary from place to place, but looking for a price in good, used condition? A general ballpark or range would be great.

If it is a R-3, I believe it is 75,000. I just sold one of mine for $600. to the first lad who came to look @ it.

I would say find out what the "Large" current version costs new and split it in half or so. The stove looks quite nice and if it's got modern technology in there (ie, it's not a smoke dragon) then I would assume it should compete with newer models.

Status
Not open for further replies.