What stove manufactures are based in the USA?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

69911e

Oct 29, 2010
CT
What stove manufactures are based in the USA? Any help appreciated.
What about Canada?
Thanks

I don't have a total list, but the Pleasent Hearth's they sell at Lowe's are made in the USA. Which makes me happy that there's still some affordable things NOT made in China!

Buck Stove's are made in North Carolina...

There are several and there was a thread on this same subject not too long ago.

I'll add Woodstock to the list but I'll let other folks chime in here too with their favorites.

BlazeKing in USA and Canada. Main Office in the States and assembly but also an assembly area in Canada B.C. Kelowna I think.
Pacific Energy in Canada on Vancouver Island

I would list the SBI stoves made in Canada but one of their employees will surely be along soon to do so. %-P

Napoleon (Wolf Steel) out of Barrie Ontario Canada

"North America's largest privately owned manufacturer of quality wood and gas fireplaces (inserts and stoves), gourmet gas and charcoal grills, outdoor living products and waterfalls."
from http://www.napoleonfireplaces.com/Company/about_napoleon.html

HEARTHSTONE.

that is the only one you need to know :coolsmile:

Lopi by Travis Industries....

Kuma

Kuma is right here in Hayden Idaho_Owned by the Freeman family.

It's not always clear but SOME "Made in the USA" stoves are NOT and are actually made in China or the like, with a few assembly finishes completed in the USA by a US company who then gets to label it as "Made in."

There are SEVERAL USA companies doing this and it's a disservice in my opinion. If you can't find info on the actual real MANUFACTURING plants in the USA, like those listed by several folks here, then it's a safe bet it's not truly made in the US.

Price point can SOMETIMES be an indicator of this. Notably though, Englander being the BIG, great quality exception on that as far as I can tell!! (meaning don't let the low prices fool you these guys are the real thing.)

Quadrafire wood stove and fireplace products are all made in the USA. Colville, WA

I think the castings from cast iron units are outsourced.

Looked at some china stoves but just couldn't do it. Bought a nc 30 about a month ago.
My father in law bought chinese vozlgang.
I really try to buy American we need the jobs.

jtp10181 said:

Are they still outsourced to US and European foundries?

Country stoves, now sold by Lennox are made in Auburn, WA.

BeGreen said:
jtp10181 said:

I think its mostly Europe. Its not really something anyone ever cares about, so I don't pay much attention to it.

Regency, from their website:
"Regency products are proudly made locally in North America."

jtp10181 said:
BeGreen said:
jtp10181 said:

I think its mostly Europe. Its not really something anyone ever cares about, so I don't pay much attention to it.

When I am buying I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.