What temps are you getting off your heat tubes? Hampton GC60, Enviro M55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Sterner

Nov 18, 2013
Vermont
So I picked up a infrared heat gun the other day and I've been playing with the settings on my stove to see exactly what the heat is after making changes. With the temps we've been having (-20 at night & -5 during the day) I'm running the stove on the highest heat level, feed is maxed and the combustion is in the middle. I have a Hampton GC60 and if I shoot the heat tube to the far left I'm getting 430, the middle is 450 and the far right is 480. Since I have nothing to compare to I don't know if these numbers are good or bad? Have any of you played around with this? This is burning Curran softwood pellets.

Thanks
Nick

Hey Nick
Same stove except its an insert. I'm burning hardwood Cubex and Hamers usually. Level 3 all other settings default.
Left tube 366 Middle Tube 433 Right tube 441

Hope that helps
Rich

Great thread Nick, thanks for posting! I also have the GC60 (freestanding) and a decent IR temp gun. Unfortunately I'm visiting my parents until tomorrow (house is running on oil furnace) but when I get home and get the stove fired up I'll check my tubes and post results ASAP - the more results we get posted the most data we'll have to compare to. With that said guys how exactly did you measure the temperature of each tube? I know how to use the equipment but where exactly did you point the IR Temp laser sensor at in the heat exchanger tubes (I only ask because depending on how far you measured into the exchanger tubes it will have an effect on the temp reading). I hope this makes sense to you guys, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.