What the---- Shopzilla

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

I have every popup blocker made to man This shop zilla makes me think I'm on yahoo
This is still hearth.com ? I'll take the egg chairs anytime over shopzilla.

Heck, they have great deals on Vogulzang stoves!

BrotherBart said:
OOOoooooooooooooooo , Ah ......................... Vogulzaaaaaaaaaang .

Roospike said:
BrotherBart said:

Hey Spike. We all can't have Summits. Up here in the cheap seats we gotta stay warm too. And our volunteer fire department doesn't have a training budget so...

BrotherBart said:
Roospike said:
BrotherBart said:

Hey Spike. We all can't have Summits. Up here in the cheap seats we gotta stay warm too. And our volunteer fire department doesn't have a training budget so...
Everybody bitches about non EPA stoves and the old smoker stoves , the outside wood furnace and also bitches about buying from the box stores and not the hearth dealer ........... I dont think this stove is any different (Vogulzang). The biggest reasion people buy these stoves is they just dont know any better . The wood stove is harder to "test drive" to find out the differences before you buy. And why is the Pacific Energy Summit always being brought up ? I didnt make the rules and i also didnt make up the statement "you get what you pay for" I did my research on stoves and bought what i thought was the best for me and the best over value for the long run . I know this stove and put my input in the forum from what i know of it and how it works. I dont think i need slapped because i bought the Summit. Why dont we just all run black single wall pipe through our house because not everybody can afford the class A stainless steel pipe.............. Buy what ever you want ! I myself would feel cheated if i search for stoves and people didnt tell me about the lesser quality stoves and what the difference is . I'm not rich ! $$ I just save for the better items. I couldnt afford the Summit either but i saved for it and worked my finances around to fit it in knowing its not a junk stove. I'm in the cheap seats with you but I'm not stupid. People with less money dont have to buy junk or the bottom of the barrel items! I know 100's of people that make a lot of money ....... but dont have any money , you know the ones i'm talking about . Big house payment , 2 new cars , a loan here ........ a loan there , 2 - 3 - 4- 5 credit cards maxed out and no money and doing nothing but going down hill year after year . Cheap is not always less $$ , you can buy the low bottom quality items and have to fix , repair and or replace a lot more often then buying the better quality item in the first place . Most of the time the hight quality item is going to cost you less in the long run than always buying the cheap intro stuff . Your smart , you know what i'm talking about.

Your just catching the backlash from Frank Ivey Spike. His world revolved around the Summit and anything else was crap. And you just happened to be the next guy that came along that had one.

I'll knock it off and just continue dreaming about having a Summit insert

BrotherBart said:
Your just catching the backlash from Frank Ivey Spike. His world revolved around the Summit and anything else was crap. And you just happened to be the next guy that came along that had one.

I'll knock it off and just continue dreaming about having a Summit insert
True that brother bart . I apolage for jumping on your head like a cat ..............meow ! I do laugh at the Summit shots and pokes as there are funny . When looking at a stove and the $$ you have to break it down like ounces per jar in the grocery store . Add up the burn times , added or extra quality put into the stove ( cheap vs beefy ) one stove might have a 1/4 steel top plate and the other might have a 3/8" steel top plate . The inside guts of one stove will have the cheaper mild steel and the other will have all stainless steel hardware . 2 year warranty on one stove vs a lifetime warranty on the other . better quality / higher technology put into one vs just slap something together to make a sale. There are two basic ways to make money selling stoves ( & other items ) $$ for quality/technology/service/performance or sell lower grade items /lack of quality/service at a lower cost and sell a LOT of them. Alright , I'll give it a rest ...........

Hey spike when you were thinking about which stove to purchase. I was the one that told you PE was voted the best in Canada.

BB is right much of it is frank backlash and not towards you. I agree with your thinking about quality. Most of, if not all my tools are quality. Makita snapon Dewalt however chain saws are old but still working. I do not mind finding a gem in the rough and rebuilding it up to or exceeding OEM. I done this with classic cars and 1954 Indian motorcycle. In younger times, car not fast enough, I replaced the cam added headers ect. Part of it is knowing exactly what you have once done. I don't have to worry if the mechanic failed to replace the break clip, I know I did. You know where I going

elkimmeg said:
Hey spike when you were thinking about which stove to purchase. I was the one that told you PE was voted the best in Canada.

BB is right much of it is frank backlash and not towards you.
The extra advise i will be very pleased with 20+ years down the road . The point in the right direction is always appreciated !
I agree with your thinking about quality. Most of, if not all my tools are quality. Makita snapon Dewalt however chain saws are old but still working. I do not mind finding a gem in the rough and rebuilding it up to or exceeding OEM. I done this with classic cars and 1954 Indian motorcycle. In younger times, car not fast enough, I replaced the cam added headers ect. Part of it is knowing exactly what you have once done. I don't have to worry if the mechanic failed to replace the break clip, I know I did. You know where I going
There is a big reason that your chainsaws and tools are still around and working hard today ........quality . I dont think there was as mich as a problem yester year with quality as there is today . My big BEEF is "Made in China" .......... its just that feeling you get when you look at something and turn it over and the tag says "Made in China" ....... my heart just falls . Tho some ...........just some of the stuff coming out of china is O.K. stuff and its not low $$ either . Again , sell a lot of stuff and less $$ and make money. Its good for the seller but not the best for the buyer. The best thing we have going right now is the Internet for research ! It gives one the option to research an item / company and the history to find the best and the worst of items . Today with all the garbage on the market its nice to find people / friends and other web surfers with input of the items they use / have used and why its quality or not. I guess as myself being a fabricator i have a hard eye for quality and know the difference between hard work , a lot of thought and research that goes into an item vs the just build it and make a buck items that its just blinds me to think someone is building something to sell and not puting there heart into it / quality or any research and just thinking about the $$'s . I think i drove the stove shop nuts where i bought my stove taking there stove apart on the sales floor looking at the welds , workmanship and hand craft of the stoves they were selling . I pointed out the inside guts of the Pacific Energy stove was built of stainless steel and the salesman didnt know the difference . I'm sure most of the under there breath words they were mumbling as i took apart the stove and had it all spread out on the sales floor went away when i paid cash for the new summit i ordered that day and also 3 other customers bought the Pacific Energy stoves they had when they were watching me looking over the stove and noticing the items as i were pointing them out . Hey , 4 stove sales and i didnt get any commission ............ha . Ok , I guess I'm a little high strung about quality and the $$ coming out of my pocket. Alright ......... I'll get off my horse now .

Roospike said:
elkimmeg said:

BB is right much of it is frank backlash and not towards you.
The extra advise i will be very pleased with 20+ years down the road . The point in the right direction is always appreciated !
I agree with your thinking about quality. Most of, if not all my tools are quality. Makita snapon Dewalt however chain saws are old but still working. I do not mind finding a gem in the rough and rebuilding it up to or exceeding OEM. I done this with classic cars and 1954 Indian motorcycle. In younger times, car not fast enough, I replaced the cam added headers ect. Part of it is knowing exactly what you have once done. I don't have to worry if the mechanic failed to replace the break clip, I know I did. You know where I going
There is a big reason that your chainsaws and tools are still around and working hard today ........quality . I dont think there was as mich as a problem yester year with quality as there is today . My big BEEF is "Made in China" .......... its just that feeling you get when you look at something and turn it over and the tag says "Made in China" ....... my heart just falls . Tho some ...........just some of the stuff coming out of china is O.K. stuff and its not low $$ either . Again , sell a lot of stuff and less $$ and make money. Its good for the seller but not the best for the buyer. The best thing we have going right now is the Internet for research ! It gives one the option to research an item / company and the history to find the best and the worst of items . Today with all the garbage on the market its nice to find people / friends and other web surfers with input of the items they use / have used and why its quality or not. I guess as myself being a fabricator i have a hard eye for quality and know the difference between hard work , a lot of thought and research that goes into an item vs the just build it and make a buck items that its just blinds me to think someone is building something to sell and not puting there heart into it / quality or any research and just thinking about the $$'s . I think i drove the stove shop nuts where i bought my stove taking there stove apart on the sales floor looking at the welds , workmanship and hand craft of the stoves they were selling . I pointed out the inside guts of the Pacific Energy stove was built of stainless steel and the salesman didnt know the difference . I'm sure most of the under there breath words they were mumbling as i took apart the stove and had it all spread out on the sales floor went away when i paid cash for the new summit i ordered that day and also 3 other customers bought the Pacific Energy stoves they had when they were watching me looking over the stove and noticing the items as i were pointing them out . Hey , 4 stove sales and i didnt get any commission ............ha . Ok , I guess I'm a little high strung about quality and the $$ coming out of my pocket. Alright ......... I'll get off my horse now .

Agreed...quality does cost. That being said the Pacific Energy line is one that I will definitely be taking a hard look at when I am ready to upgrade. Plus there's a dealer not too far from me!!

Roospike said:
BrotherBart said:

Funny as hell... Roo, that was exactly what I was thinking... and then I read your reply. OOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.... V ooooooooooooogel zaaaaaang! MMMMmmmmmm!

-- Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.