What to buy for next heating season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowow

Nov 27, 2013
Chbg pa
I'm looking at buying some wood to try and get ready for 16 s winter. Should I buy 3 scoops of green wood at $35 scoop from a reputable dealer or $160 a cord from a guy on Craigslist. Says wood has been down for 4 years but has to cut and split it yet. The scoop wood would be about 1/2 a cord

I am reading $70 per cord from one place and needing seasoning or $160 a cord from another place also needing seasoning. What is the question?

Haha 3 scoops they are saying equals about 1/2 a cord. $35 a scoop
So $210 per cord? Is that what you are saying?

At 6 scoops for a cord you are looking at $210 a cord that still needs seasoning. Sorry, I misinterpreted your first post. Now we are looking at 210 vs 160 for unseasoned wood. It still tells its own story to me. Count both the cord and the 6 scoops as equivalent and then you be the judge.

I'm looking at buying some wood to try and get ready for 16 s winter. Should I buy 3 scoops of green wood at $35 scoop from a reputable dealer or $160 a cord from a guy on Craigslist. Says wood has been down for 4 years but has to cut and split it yet. The scoop wood would be about 1/2 a cord
If you have to buy, I would start with at least 10 scoop and go from there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.