What to do about cracked ceramic pot in Quadrafire 1100i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterk

Nov 10, 2011
Ellicott city MD
The house I purchased three years ago came with a quadrafire 1100i pellet-burning fireplace insert in the basement. The fireplace has an original ceramic burning pot which now looks pretty sad for wear. It has lots of spider line cracks and some of the ventilation holes look bigger than the others. It clearly is time to replace it. However, the quadrafire stopped making them a long time ago and suggest buying a cast iron burn pot as a replacement.

The replacement cast iron pot + the kit costs over $600.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quadrafire-...492?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259256fd8c

This is a bit high given that other cast iron burn pots typically go for $100-200. Have anyone found a replacement burn pot that fits the size of the ceramic pot or should I just buy the bullet and buy the factory kit? Any input will be highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.