What to do when there's no snow to play with

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willyswagon

Burning Hunk
Mar 18, 2012
PEI, Canada
www.straitshine.com
As the title says... I'm bored, waiting for snow and or cold weather.

Fill er up put it in low range and take it to the drying stacks
greenfleet050.jpg

Some of the blocks were huge. It only took 10 blocks to fill this load.

greenfleet051.jpg

This is possibly the worst way to leave popalar for 6 monthsThey must have gained about 20 lbs per block!
It was all I could do to roll them up a plank on to the splitter.

Storagebuilding007.jpg

Cut haul split, thumb your nose at the gas man, that's whats all about

You can have the wood, I'll have the truck. I can't wait to get started back up on my '49 Willys wagon.......
That's not gonna happen for a while......:(

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Ya I' ve been toying with getting rid of my wagon, and getting a bombadier J5 and trailer for the woods==c

Ya I' ve been toying with getting rid of my wagon, and getting a bombadier J5 and trailer for the woods==c
OOOh boy. I may have to talk with ya about that. It's only a day or so from my place to yours. You sell it, I'm gonna consider buying it.......

At the risk of being repetitive to the replies above me, thats a flippin awesome truck.

Reactions: AJS56
I think your truck sucks.

ah hell, that's just me being jealous. What motor you got in there? Inline 4 or 6 I presume? Pics of motor? I love those old Willys trucks and jeeps.

Reactions: TimJ
If you stay bored, you'll have enough CSS fire wood for several years :)

Nice splitter, needs painted to match the truck ;)

Reactions: Boog
That's the hope. Right now I have about 11 cord of hard wood, 2 1/2 cord of popolar, and 1 1/2 cord of spurce.
So 15 cords in total. Not bad considering I didn't get my first stick delivered until last March
I'm thinking I'll need 5-6 cords per season, so the boredom goes on!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, on all of the above, fabulous looking truck willysman!

Bone stock all original, right down to the 6 cyl engine with the 6 volt generator.

Same same with the old FC150 'cept its a 4 banger....and alot uglier.;lol

When I look at the Willys, I can't help but think of a relative who drove one of these for many years. Not sure if he still has it or not but probably does. I also once owned a Willys car; one of the few they ever made.

Love the truck! I had a '53 when I was a kid. Bought it for a dollar with big plans. All I have now is the owner's manual and the tailgate. In 1988 I went my my senior prom in my buddy's '59 Willys Wagon.

love the truck...want the truck..

Okay the weather here is continueing to suck!
No snow, just flurries.
It is strange when you can split and stack wood in your T shirt in Oct, little own do it on Dec 20th!
Tomorrow is Winter Solstise and it doesn't look like winter will be here for while yet.
I now have all my wood CSS, and was so bored today I called a nieghbor to see if he needed any big ones done.
1 hr at his place and I'm out of wood to play with.
I guess I'll go change the oil on the splitter and put it away for the winter.
Here is the last load on the way to be stacked.
Time to put the plow on it and wait for winter.

heatfor2012-2013029.jpg

no snow in Canada...we'll get our first accumulating snowfall tomorrow and Saturday...send a picture of the snow plow on that fine machine when you have a use for it...

no snow in Canada...we'll get our first accumulating snowfall tomorrow and Saturday...send a picture of the snow plow on that fine machine when you have a use for it...

If last winter and the start to this one are any indication, I won't be needing it much.
I only needed it twice last winter. I put the plow on it today because I was bored.

Well winter has finally showed up. Here is the truck clearing off the area where I was splitting the wood in Dec.
We got about 12" Monday, and a further 12-15" coming this Saturday.

greenfleet052_zps49fec0ae.jpg

That's the nicest wood haulin' snow plowin' machine I've seen in a long time. I had a 47 wagon once upon a time. It was a beast!

That's the nicest wood haulin' snow plowin' machine I've seen in a long time. I had a 47 wagon once upon a time. It was a beast!
Thanks I've got a 56 Wagon I need to finish, someday:(

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but that Willys truck is WAY COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.