What to do with the 13...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
The Dixette & her SO are in their new house. Gearing up to get the apartment rented. The 13 is in it, currently..

I'm not comfy with a tenant burning the wood stove, if you get my drift.

So, I have a few options.

First, I figured running oil in the apartment. That heating zone includes the master bedroom, which is smack dab center on the bottom of the floor plan.

HOUSELAYOUT614082.jpg

The oil burner has a 4 one capacity,currently running 2. Not that hard to repipe the master to it's own zone, and run 3.

The very bottom of the master is a sitting room with outside access.

Pondering placing the 13 in the sitting room, and running it as needed, with the PE pumping heat to the main level.

Figure with the oil burner running in the winter, I'll use that for HW, then switch over to the electric in the summer.

I am aware of the "rules" about a wood stove in/near a bedroom.

Also, propane is available, tanks are outside the master bath (bottom left). Maybe a gas heater instead?

Open to thoughts.

Solar is O-U-T, as BG once said, this place is a forest haven. No NG available.

What room is the sitting room?

The very bottom, middle, to the right of the downstairs bath. It is semi walled off, with maybe a 5' opening to the master. The wall is not shown in the floor plan.

I suspect the local inspecting authority may stumble here unless perhaps you can get a variance with an OAK on the stove?

No inspections.

Status
Not open for further replies.