What trees to plant for future firewood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone suggested Silver Maple? It's a fast grower and decent fuelwood, although many around here turn their nose up at it. I like it....

PA. Woodsman said:
Has anyone suggested Silver Maple? It's a fast grower and decent fuelwood, although many around here turn their nose up at it. I like it....

Holy crap guys, didn't realize what a hornets nest THIS was gonna turn into. :grrr: My lot is my backyard, and I don't know if I want to fill it all with trees or not. I'm new to woodburning, this year and really don't know CRAP about it, but like it and know I'm gonna
continue to burn wood as my primary heat source. I thought since I'm 52, if I want to plant some trees I'd better get busy. It sounds to me like maybe I'll just stick to scrounging wood, and buying log loads eventually. I'll still beat the oilman that way. :zip: I appreciate all the help and discussion that's been happening here. I think maybe I'll just plant a few hardwood trees for shade, and maybe harvest them someday. Another option I've thought about is buying some wooded acreage. That might be the better way to go for me.
Thanks again,
Snyde

Log loads are a smart move...a lot easier than harvesting trees.

savageactor7 said:
Log loads are a smart move...a lot easier than harvesting trees.

I will be the first to second that. :cheese: If ya can find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.