What type of stove is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duane

Dec 30, 2005
I recently bought a used wood stove from a friend and am trying to find out the manufacturor and installation information for it. The guy I bought it from said it was built in Grandville, MI in the 1990's but he did not have any of the paper work. The back tag is badly scorched and repainted so it is of little help. It does appear to have began with S for either the company name or model name and I could make out either a model or serial number which is 66793 (I am not sure if it the complete number or not).

I am trying to attach pictures of the stove. It is a steel plate, with glass plate in the front and a side door. It is also a pedistal model.

Attachments

• side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 348
  • front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 408
Duane said:
I recently bought a used wood stove from a friend and am trying to find out the manufacturor and installation information for it. The guy I bought it from said it was built in Grandville, MI in the 1990's but he did not have any of the paper work. The back tag is badly scorched and repainted so it is of little help. It does appear to have began with S for either the company name or model name and I could make out either a model or serial number which is 66793 (I am not sure if it the complete number or not).

I am trying to attach pictures of the stove. It is a steel plate, with glass plate in the front and a side door. It is also a pedistal model.

Just a guess, it looks somewhat like some old Sierra Stoves. Of course there were similar stoves also!

Stove parts unlimited, on our products page, would know for sure and have parts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.