What would these be worth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisp

Aug 4, 2013
new york
Hi guys, new here. Just bought a house and quite frankly dont have any use for these two fireplace/stoves, been doing research on the internet and Ive gotten everything from the black one being worth almost 3,000$ to the green one being worth 25$, figured I would come here to find out more information. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Attachments

• 2013 359.jpg
    2013 359.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 2013 356.jpg
    2013 356.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 2013 357.jpg
    2013 357.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 2013 358.jpg
    2013 358.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 243
The black one is a "Franklin fireplace" made in the seventies. Tons, literally, of them sold by Sears and Montgomery Ward. Dangerous, inefficient, in large supply on Craigslist and worth its weight in scrap. I trashed mine in 1982.

Put it on craiglist for a hundred and a quarter and somebody may buy it.

Reactions: Defiant
He's right about the Franklin - worthless other than a sunroom ornament, etc.

The Crane Coal stove is pretty neat - but coal stoves have not been selling well.
See: https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/crane-stove-works/

Cranes son is on the forums - you might want to ask him about it (start a conversation).

The black one is a "Franklin fireplace" made in the seventies. Tons, literally, of them sold by Sears and Montgomery Ward. Dangerous, inefficient, in large supply on Craigslist and worth its weight in scrap. I trashed mine in 1982.

Put it on craiglist for a hundred and a quarter and somebody may buy it.

Thank you for such a quick response, good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.