What would YOU do?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caribfan

Feb 4, 2012
Southern Maine
OK. I need 1 more ton of shoulder stuff. I plan to pick it up - with my little helpers - so delivery charges aren't a factor. Here are my options:

1. Maine Wood Pellet blend $192/ton at TSC. I got the last ton from here for 188 with a 10% coupon but I haven't seen one lately​
2. Green Supreme $178/ton at Home Depot (assuming they honor the 10% Lowes coupon).​
3. Fireside Ultra $178/ton at Home Depot - making the same assumption on the Lowes coupon.​
4. Maines Choice $209/ton at Lowes. Last I knew Lowes wouldn't honor there own 10% coupon because the ton was already being offered at "contractor pricing"​
Taking votes on what everyone else would do.​

OK. I need 1 more ton of shoulder stuff. I plan to pick it up - with my little helpers - so delivery charges aren't a factor. Here are my options:

1. Maine Wood Pellet blend $192/ton at TSC. I got the last ton from here for 188 with a 10% coupon but I haven't seen one lately​
2. Green Supreme $178/ton at Home Depot (assuming they honor the 10% Lowes coupon).​
3. Fireside Ultra $178/ton at Home Depot - making the same assumption on the Lowes coupon.​
4. Maines Choice $209/ton at Lowes. Last I knew Lowes wouldn't honor there own 10% coupon because the ton was already being offered at "contractor pricing"​
Taking votes on what everyone else would do.​

Contractor pricing is no longer in effect so you can use the 10% coupon.

The other forum members are right, there's not much difference between the 4 choices except for the price. 1 and 4 are made by the same factory I believe, Fireside does OK. I burned a ton of Green Supreme last Winter and it burned well ( Ok medium well) but it was dusty as heck handling it, wood dust everywhere when dumping it into my stove.

Reactions: jtakeman
Reactions: save$
Ooops ! You're right. I tend to lump the two brands together as they both burn the same in my stove...

From what I've seen, there's a big difference between the two.

From what I've seen, there's a big difference between the two.
For me MWP no ash clumping. I like it when the burn pot doesn't fill up with clumping ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.