What's An Approximate Number of Tons Use for a Year in the Northeast?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Southeastern PA. On pace to burn 4-4.5 tons. 3,300 sqft open floor plan new construction (2002). Keeps the main floor 68-69 and the master bedroom (furthest from the insert) around 66. Will use around 100-150 gallons of propane this winter which is mostly for hot water and minimal heat as the thermostats come up to temps before I get home. Last winter used about 1,000-1,200 gallons of propane.

Can't wait till this summer when I complete finishing my basement and add a freestanding stove down there...... Soon to be a Basement Dweller!!
Basement dwellers rule!

Reactions: RCCARPS
180 bags so far this season. About 1800 sq ft in a colonial built in the mid 80s. 2 * 6 construction sealed fairly well. Usually 70 on the main level and 64 to 66 on the second level.

Status
Not open for further replies.