What's he Thinking!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
Took a ride on the bike around my neighborhood and I was kind of surprised at what I saw. Redd had a wood stove put in about a year ago and this time last year his garage was stuffed with good seasoned wood. Rode by and his garage is completely empty. I wish he would have been out so I could ask him "whats up with no wood yet?" Here I thought I was running short with only 4 cords. Time is running out folks.

There are two people I pass on my way to work who stack it in their carports, there won't be any wood in there till September and white smoke billowing out of the chimney.

I don't wait for my neighbors to be outside to talk to them............I go knock on the door. Who knows, .......you may find that they are ill, or in need.........then you can help them.

-Soupy1957

And then there are those who just will not learn....

Everything I know about cutting, splitting, stacking and Burning I've learned from this website. Of course, a person has to WANT to learn and seek an education.

oldspark said:
Backwoods Savage said:
That's just crazy talk. :cheese:

By a crazy person!

Backwoods Savage said:
oldspark said:
Backwoods Savage said:
That's just crazy talk. :cheese:

By a crazy person!

....who likes to split VERTICAL!!!! Now THATS crazy!!! :p

Vertical; the natural way. ;-)

Backwoods Savage said:
As a church, we do a fair amount of wood cutting bees for members who are laid up and can't get to their firewood duties. It never ceases to amaze me how many of them make the comment, "When I start up the furnace all that wood will dry out really quickly." At our next board meeting, I'm going to make a suggestion that the church maintains as many chords as we have space for and then delivers seasoned wood and takes the member's green wood in exchange.

NordicSplitter said:
Took a ride on the bike around my neighborhood and I was kind of surprised at what I saw. Redd had a wood stove put in about a year ago and this time last year his garage was stuffed with good seasoned wood. Rode by and his garage is completely empty. I wish he would have been out so I could ask him "whats up with no wood yet?" Here I thought I was running short with only 4 cords. Time is running out folks.

That's quite a ride from NY

ikessky said:
Backwoods Savage said:
As a church, we do a fair amount of wood cutting bees for members who are laid up and can't get to their firewood duties. It never ceases to amaze me how many of them make the comment, "When I start up the furnace all that wood will dry out really quickly." At our next board meeting, I'm going to make a suggestion that the church maintains as many chords as we have space for and then delivers seasoned wood and takes the member's green wood in exchange.

Ike, that sounds like a good idea but not sure it will work. I say that only because of what we see here.... Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.