What's my best options?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferyraese

Oct 2, 2014
Necedah WI
Looking for some opinions. I have a unique house. There is almost 4,000 above ground square feet with cathedral ceilings, loft area, and numerous large windows and doors. The upstairs bathroom extends out above an outdoor patico and there is also 1000 square feet of living space in basement plus other storage area. House is currently heated with an 80 % lp forced air furnace but there is a second 6'' flue for an add on woodstove in the fairly large furnace room. From the furnace room there is access to a large wood room (which happens to be under the patico) with outside shute. I have looked at gasifier forced air, indoor boilers, and outdoor boilers and am more unsure of the best way to heat this monster then ever. I have plenty of room for indoor water storage. I also wouldn't mind heating my attached 2 car garage but there is no ductwork to it. The last problem I have is that the wood room is made completely of concrete and sweats a lot so it is a little damp. Please help!

I personally would look no further than the Garn if I were in your shoes. It sounds to me like your setup is perfect for one of their units. Check out their website, check out reviews on this site and learn all you can.

You'll also get plenty of recommendations for stand-alone boilers (like mine, and many that are fancier) with thermal storage. They are great but you really will be hard pressed to beat the all-in-one setup offered by a Garn.

If I had the space I'd have one of their mid-sized units in my basement/garage..

Status
Not open for further replies.