What's my options??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HillbillyDlux

Feb 17, 2013
I currently have a wonderwood and am wanting more heat, and a longer burn time. I am weighing heavily on buying a new, New Englander NC30 from my local homedepot although I was offered a pre-cat Blaze King Princess model that's in great shape for 400 dollars. What would better suit me as far as more heat and a longer burn time. Another question is the 8 inch flu??? Can I neck that down to my current 6" that I have with my wonderwood? Flu is 16' from stove to tip of pipe...

Seems to me the cost involved you would be better off going with the NC-30. You won't be spending much more and you will have an EPA stove and no worries about the flue reduction. Going from 8 to 6 could impact your draft.

Thanks for the input, from what I have read I don't think I will be disappointed with the Englander.
Many, many people on these forums are burning them, and most are very happy with their performance. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.