What's that chainsaw that works like scissors?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wahoowad

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2005
Virginia
I wanna call it the wood shark or chain shark or something. I googled it but can't find it. I think it is electric and used for limbs and stuff.

I should add, in case there are multiple products like this, that I'm interested in something to cut dead limbs up that have fallen in my yard for kindling. I have some huge Poplars and lots of limbs from 1" to 3" that make excellent kindling but get kind of hard to break cleanly into kindling length pieces. I usually try to break them over my knee but they can be tough.

That one is battery powered, which makes me a bit nervous about "working time" - I think I've seen a similar item that was AC powered at Home Despot or equivalent... Of course the other option might be to consider a pair of good old fashioned manual limb loppers - you can get them with up to a 3" capacity, some with various forms of lever or ratcheting action to reduce the effort... It's what I use for my small stuff, and works pretty well. Far less money, and probably easier / safer / faster than the power tool...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.