1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

What's that chainsaw that works like scissors?

Post in 'The Gear' started by wahoowad, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wahoowad

wahoowad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Virginia
    I wanna call it the wood shark or chain shark or something. I googled it but can't find it. I think it is electric and used for limbs and stuff.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. wahoowad

wahoowad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Virginia
    I should add, in case there are multiple products like this, that I'm interested in something to cut dead limbs up that have fallen in my yard for kindling. I have some huge Poplars and lots of limbs from 1" to 3" that make excellent kindling but get kind of hard to break cleanly into kindling length pieces. I usually try to break them over my knee but they can be tough.
  3. SigElec

SigElec Member

Loc:
    North Central Mo
  4. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    That one is battery powered, which makes me a bit nervous about "working time" - I think I've seen a similar item that was AC powered at Home Despot or equivalent... Of course the other option might be to consider a pair of good old fashioned manual limb loppers - you can get them with up to a 3" capacity, some with various forms of lever or ratcheting action to reduce the effort... It's what I use for my small stuff, and works pretty well. Far less money, and probably easier / safer / faster than the power tool...

Gooserider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.