what's the best pellet stove for a small apartment?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't count out the Lopi Pioneer: It is a very underated small pellet stove. Since it's top speed hits about 28k btu, there is no need to "smolder" it on a low feed rate to keep it comfy (this will keep the glass cleaner, and not all smokey coming out of vent, less soot, etc). The big clamshell hopper holds 55lbs, huge ashpan, and the routine cleaning is very easy, no tools required other than an old paintbrush to sweep the ash down. It uses a more standard 3" vent, and the clincher: 18" clearance to windows/doors with the vent if using an OAK. (Harman is the only other stove co that has this spec, to my knowledge.) Most companies require 48".

I have a Lopi Pioneer in my 700 square foot insulated basement and it is great. I bought it used and have never had a problem with it in 3 seasons.

It does have a huge ashpan, and does not need much cleaning at all. I would recommend it for sure.

Ditto on the Thelin Gnome. If it is noisy the brushes need replacing on the motors. Mine is quite as a mouse, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.