Whats The Latest on Harman?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James04

Oct 18, 2007
Eastern Ct
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how Harman is doing under it's new ownership?
Have they made any changes to the you must go through the dealership for warranty issues? Has anyone had a warenty issue latley that was resolved to your satisfaction/disatisfaction?

I have found a weld on my TL3000 that was never bonded. You can see that the steel on one side of the weld was never even melted. It looks like the welder was not paying attention and allowed the bead to wonder off the joint and solely on to just one of the two plates. You can see inside the fire box if you look at it from just the rite angle. Does anyone know how this type of repair is normally handled? Does it go back to the manufacturer. Do they send a certified welder to your home? I wouldn't want an employee at the dealer welding it. If that is what would happen I would do it myself.

By the way this is not a complaint about the stove or its quality. I love this stove and would just like to see it made whole.

James

doubtful that the dealer would have his guys, or a welder, do it at your house: probably would come to get it and get it fixed... maybe return to the company swap for new...

Status
Not open for further replies.