What's the proper was to connect liner to insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwhite

Minister of Fire
Nov 8, 2011
North Central Idaho
Here is a pic of the flue on my insert. As you can see there is not enough sticking out of the top of the stove to drill into to attach the liner adapter to. Do I just use 3 pieces of small angle and attach to the liner box and then screw that to the adapter? There is only about 1/4" ssticking out on the flue

idszsw.jpg

I have the same issue on my Regency R14 insert, I just put the connecting adapter from the liner into that space and put some high temp silicone there, if your liner is a tight fit you should not have an issue. I was afraid to drill anywhere on the insert since the it is such a small lip. That's what I did and so far no problems.

I can drill into the sheet metal surround without any harm to the actual firebox. I was thinking that some light angle tabs (silicone) would insure that the thing wouldn't fall out.

My old CartierII has a recessed flue. I had to purchase a "Flush Stove Adapter" used for Stoves with Recessed Flue Outlets to get it to into double wall pipe.
Not sure if that will work with the liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.