What's the temp inside YOUR home?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodBurningDan

Oct 28, 2011
United States
So what is it?

I'm running 73-75 inside and it's 42 outside. Fahrenheit.

Same as it was in your same thread yesterday. :coolsmirk:

Is this gonna be a daily thing?

78 inside, 22 outside, blizzard with 40 mph winds and 3 foot drifts last night. still windy and looking at 15 tonight. It'll still be 75+ in the house. 3 and 4 year old like to run around in just shirts and shorts so I keep it WARM.

75-80 in the stove room. 60ish in the bedroom.

Keeps the home fires burnin'.

Basement: 75

First floor: 71

Second floor: 67

Garage:60

Above garage: 64

It has been pretty warm here the last few days. Have a good one.

80 with the front door open, the wife got a bit carried away tonight.
18 outside.

bfunk13 said:
18 outside.

Carried away?!? BS! It is as it should be! :lol:

I only wear shorts in the winter.

pen

80 is pretty routine here.

pen said:
bfunk13 said:
18 outside.

Carried away?!? BS! It is as it should be! :lol:

I only wear shorts in the winter.

pen

My wife is from the Philippines so she likes it hot.
I was born and raised in Wyoming and like it about 65.
I hear ya on the shorts.

Right now the gas heat is on... 68 (set to 65 for overnight). Wife thinks its freezing.

When the stove is going I aim for 73-75 in the stove room. That keeps the bedrooms close to 70.

72 in the living room and upstairs, the Kitchen is 65 or so. The stove is only fartin on heat setting 1 for overnight!

Adios Pantalones said:
863 F here on Venus.

Uranus....49°K....
Very gasey there....

I generally run 68-72 degrees in the dining room/kitchen and hall . . . a bit cooler in the master bedroom . . . a bit warmer in the living room where the stove is located. Perfect temp for me . . . in the morning the temps are usually a bit cooler . . . no lower than 60 degrees since that's when the oil boiler kicks on . . . but this in itself is a rare event . . . I detest the sound of the oil boiler . . . mostly I just hear that sound and see dollar bills burning up.

Jack Straw said:
GAMMA RAY said:
Adios Pantalones said:
863 F here on Venus.

Uranus....49°K....
Very gasey there....

Ha Ha Ha..... "That's a good one"

Less worried about the gas, more worried about the Klingons.

Been a long while since the wood eater was fired up and took some getting used too again. First it soared to 84ºF but settled to 74ºF for the rest of the week.

Now that power is restored, I'll be steady rocking at 72ºF with the pellet eater again. It was fun burning wood again, But glad to have a stat to keep things steady for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.