What's the warranty on your burn tubes?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonprophet

Minister of Fire
Jan 27, 2009
Oregon
Just curious to compare manufacturer's warranties on burn tubes. If not covered under warranty, do you think the replacement prices and process are reasonable?

I recently bought a used Quadrafire Isle Royale stove that was missing one tube. I suspect that the retainer clip came loose and fell out, and then the tube fell out as well. The other tubes are all in pretty good condition as it's a 2005 model. When I contacted Quadrafire, I was told that they do not sell the individual tubes (even though each tube has a separate part number) and that I would have to buy the entire "baffle assembly" (all three tubes and the side manifolds) for $220. Needless to say, I'm not real happy about that....

Then I came across this thread (https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/78831/) where a similar vintage Osburn stove is having all the burn tubes and baffle replaced under warranty--so I thought it would be nice to know what the burn tube warranties are like from the various manufacturers.......

NP

Burn tubes? PE stoves don't use no burn tubes. :) To answer the question, the stainless baffle assembly/secondary manifold has a lifetime warranty.

the quad would have a lifetime warranty if you bought it new in 2005

stoveguy13 said:
the quad would have a lifetime warranty if you bought it new in 2005

According to Quadrafire's website, they offer a 7 year parts and 3 year labor warranty on the burn tubes. In fairness to Quadrafire, in my case it looks like the tube is just missing--I have no way of knowing if it failed or not, but the other tubes are just fine. It's odd that Quad will warranty them for 7 years, but even though my stoves is only 6 years old, they won't even sell me a replacement tube.......I'm not expecting them to warranty the stove to the second owner, but being unreasonable about not selling me a single tube just baffles me.......

NP

it doesnt matter what it is now it matters what it was when you bought it and the warranty is only good to the original purchaser if you have the original owners manual it will tell you what the warranty was from my memory in 2005 the tubes had a lifetime warranty on them

Englander tubes are warrantied for a year and you can by the individual tubes for $29 plus shipping.

If the holes are all drilled at the same angle in the rest of the tubes, take one of the others to a machine shop and have them make one out of 304 stainless steel.

BrotherBart said:
Englander tubes are warrantied for a year and you can by the individual tubes for $29 plus shipping.

Expensive little devils eh? Have you had to replace any Bart? How difficult would it be to make your own?

Ray

No baffles,burn plates or air manifolds under warranty on the Rangeley.It has 1 burn tube up front then the other 2 would be the 1 piece air baffle manifold assembly that contains holes for 2 more rows of the secondary air.

raybonz said:
BrotherBart said:

Expensive little devils eh? Have you had to replace any Bart? How difficult would it be to make your own?

Ray

Nah. They will be there for years. They are cooled by the cold air coming through them. Their only enemy is a dummy with a wood split in his hand. Making your own with an Englander would be a piece of cake since they are the only manufacturer that I know of that puts diagrams of the hole angles for each tube in the owner's manual.

Myself, if I busted one I would just spend the $29.

BrotherBart said:
raybonz said:
BrotherBart said:

Ray

Nah. They will be there for years. They are cooled by the cold air coming through them. Their only enemy is a dummy with a wood split in his hand. Making your own with an Englander would be a piece of cake since they are the only manufacturer that I know of that puts diagrams of the hole angles for each tube in the owner's manual.

Myself, if I busted one I would just spend the $29.

BB, do you happen to know the specs (i.e. tube diameter, tube length, and the hole spacing) on one of the Englander tubes? I might just be better off buying on of their tubes if it would work. I went to three local machine shops and none of them carried any 3/4 OD stainless tube and they weren't real interested in ordering any seeing as I only need a 15" piece.......

NP

Status
Not open for further replies.