what's this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbelec

Minister of Fire
Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
i was moving around some plastic that i cover my wood with and this pops out. the plastic was sitting on the ground for the summer. the plant leaves look like the ivy that people use for ground cover. or the stuff that climbs up houses and chimneys. the fruit, if you want to cell it that, is the size of a walnut. the plastic was clear type so it was getting sun.

Attachments

• DSC03066a.jpg
    DSC03066a.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 467
thanks. i didn't see anything about if they were edible. do you know?
that was very fast.

I had some growing in my yard but didn't try eating any of it.

One of the pictures refers to an "empty fruit bladder." I don't think I want to eat a bladder. Try it. If we don't hear back from you we won't ;)

I saw survivorman eating wild cucs on the show, but he hadn't eaten for a week. I couldn't tell you how they tasted. He seemed happy to find them though.

Matt

yanksforever said:
Looks like it may be a litttle painful to eat. :lol:

the points are not hard and sharp. almost soft.

tutu_sue said:
Looks like cucumber or pumpkin.

when i first looked at it i thought it was a small watermelon. but looking at the leaves they were small. they will fit in the palm of your hand. usally by the time watermelon,cuke or pumpkin are fruiting the leaves are bigger than your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.