Whats with this weather?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmy122

Jan 7, 2011
East NC
Today the highs are in the 70*'s. Its 3 days away from Christmas!

Making it really difficult to focus on work and not on the giant pile of rounds that need to be split for next year!!

Looks like it will get into the high 50's here...probably will shut off the boiler for the daytime hours....and, we just came off a record warm November! weird, but I'm not complaining!!!!!

Global warming I guess ...LOL Same here, way above average temps for December and still no snow, VERY rare for us, but I'll take it, helps with the electricity bills too.

Sucks azz, i will complain, hurting the north country winter business big time. most ski resorts are typically wide open by now, some still are not open and others only have 1 or 2 trails. not good. Never mind snowmobiling, the frigan ground isn't even frozen yet. 50 degrees out there today. even if we get 3 feet of snow tomorrow, most of it will melt from the ground up.

had more snow in October then November and December combined!

Only good thing is I don't have a stove installed yet so the oil bill is lower then it would be if it was cold out.

Indeed, here we were hunkering down for la Nina part 2 and now it looks like Seattle may have the driest December on record this year. Good for solar panels though, it's sunny and 38F right now.

I for one am ready for winter. It has been nice, but I want it to come. Three months of good winter weather would be nice. At least the temperatures. I get tired of shoveling the snow after a while.

Considering that last year it was brutally cold ALL winter, I'm happy with what we have.

Haven't burned 24/7 yet, and I love it !

70 degrees?! Wow! Although it is still relatively warm here we were basking in 36 degrees most of the day. 24 predicted for tonight and a high of 31 tomorrow. Then it is supposed to warm up again to around 40. Weird.

Fifty-one at nine o'clock and pouring down rain and will be for hours. Gotta get up in the morning and plow all that water off the driveway.

Little fire burning. Fifty one outside is alright. Don't want it to be fifty-one in here.

Good chance to get ahead on wood supply, don't burn as much.

Worked outside in a t shirt all day, until dark. On the first day of winter. Just came back from Nova Scotia, no snow.

I was splitting wood yesterday, 56f midday against 28f high last year on the 22nd December.

I came in sweating, never got that warm outside in December before!

Forecast is mild into mid January here, I'm glad we have plenty of shoulder season wood.... ;-)

95F today in Melbourne Australia, welcome to Christmas down under! (its summer here)

We had a great night for burning early in the week-low 20s-the ground had a nice frozen crust on it (as opposed to the mudpit outside now), and the Englander cranking in the basement full of black walnut. I think we're spending next Christmas in Maine!

ashthree said:
95F today in Melbourne Australia, welcome to Christmas down under! (its summer here)

That sounds like good weather for drying wood, whilst you drink an Emu Bitter or two..... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.