What's your favorite BEER?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
What kinds of brews are you guys and gals planning to indulge in this Thanksgiving?
Greenport Harbor Blackduck Porter
Haufbrau Ocktober
Trappiste Rochefort Belgian Ale 10
Woodchuck Pear Cider

Had a couple good ciders along w/ cheese/meat platters. Not sure if the Woodchucks any good.

Reactions: dafattkidd
Just loaded six more brews, courtesy of St Bernardus. So add to the list above:

Wit
Pater 6
Prior 8
Tripel
Watou Tripel
Abt.12

Just finished bottling our first Pumpkin ale. It will be ready for Christmas.
pumpkinale.jpg

Just finished bottling our first Pumpkin ale. It will be ready for Christmas.
View attachment 189560
Wow begreen, a woodstove icon and make yur own beer. You just cant get any more american than that! Can i recommend you for the nobel peace prize ( i think they have one for micro brewers)or something. You got my vote! PS dont close this thread ,its timeless!

Thanks. Actually I'm proudest of my hard cider and cherry liqueur. The beer is mostly for my sons.

Reactions: dafattkidd
Thanks. Actually I'm proudest of my hard cider and cherry liqueur. The beer is mostly for my sons.
We have a local craft brewer that makes a cherry triple to die for. Not sure whats going on with the recipe cuz sometimes its sour and sometimes its sweet but always very very good. Most of his other brews are so so but does make a good coconut porter

I'm still a neophyte and learning, but I like to experiment and see what works. So far there haven't been any losers. :)

I'd love to get the recipe for the cherry triple. That sounds intriguing and we have a lot of cherry trees. My best apple cider this year had cherries in the secondary.

I have to admit it's delicious. I think this will be a regular.

Tried a few new selections from Lancaster brewery and Rusty Rail brewery. Rust rail has some interesting flavors ,their 2 coffee offerings are unique. Better than most. <Lancaster has a few good ones too, some good stouts .Alcohol content range from high around 9% to medium of 5%.

I went on a work trip to Ohio last month, had my first ever beers from Great Lakes Brewing Co....good stuff, wish I could get it in NJ.

My homebrew, Belgian beers and some domestic brewed IPA's.

I avoid everything with the words Light or Lite in it.
Yes, we enjoy making our own too. Have a honey porter now in the carboy. That said we are fortunate to have tons of great microbreweries in the area. Some explore pretty exotic recipes and others just make fine brew.

Yes, we enjoy making our own too. Have a honey porter now in the carboy. That said we are fortunate to have tons of great microbreweries in the area. Some explore pretty exotic recipes and others just make fine brew.

I started brewing a few months ago. Currently I have my 7th batch in the fermenter, an Ale/Lager style. I started out bottling but will fill my 1st keg with the new batch.

Kona brewing company "big wave" to date the best I have had in an easy drinking beer. Been suckin it down like my pre epa stoves suck wood ! A case is like 32$ wich is like way too much but it beats the old trusty coors latte. Also I recently hit the brewery and got a growler. That's the way to do it. Just haven't found a growler station by me that's not full of hipsters. Ugh.

We are living in the golden age of beer. Before prohibition, there was great variety, but way less widespread knowledge, quality control, and availability of ingredients. My grandfather used to ferment his beer in an old washtub back in the darker times. I think some of the brewery companies sold malt extract to stay in business after beer became illegal. While I'm sure it got the job done, I bet he got some pretty funky flavors.

Then came the era of golden pilsners, I remember when Michelob was about as close to a craft beer as you could get. Ha!

Thank you, Charlie Papazian!

Lancasters double chocolate stout is interesting,its hard to get that one right ,Sam addams does a good job on that one as well.

I made a chocolate milk stout last year. It went very quickly!

Asheville, NC has a very good beer scene & several new breweries opening. A lot of good microbreweries already there.
Highland Brewing company has a Black Mocha Stout I am fond of. Chocolate & coffee overtones & right amount of bitterness. Good stuff.