Whats YOUR longest burn tme ever?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2007
I tried searching for a thread like this about 5 times and couldnt find anything....so I thought Id start one.

I guess we should define burn time as being enough coals to get another fire going with some spilts ....would that do??

- So tell me what kind of stove ya have
- Your longest burn time
- What kind of wood and wood arrangement you used

Anything else you guys think would be telling information in this thread?? OK Ill start.

- PE Summit - all black.......simple
- Longest time for me so far, was 12 hrs using red & black oak (which was purchased and not really all that seasoned). Im sure it was all north south as I didnt know that other ways of loading it could extend burns.

My Olympic is in my sig. If defined as that, I have gotten 24 hours out of mine. I visit some of my family members that live an hour or more away so often enough, we sleep over. The stove is packed to the gills with larger splits - hopefully oak - get her ripping and close it down. I have nice coals after 12 hours and still some after 24. I rake every little coal forward out of the ash bed and just add the smallest splits I have right behind them. Works like a charm.

...loaded East/West so I can get the long logs filling the firebox.

Realistically . . . . mine will not stack up to what some may say here. My stove is on the low end of medium sized (2.0 cubic ft firebox)

Hearthstone Homestead

Nearly 8 hours

Hickory cut into small to medium short splits and seasoned for 8 months.

Got more hickory this year, can't wait to see how the medium and large splits do with 1.5 years of seasoning.

My Englander 13 only has a 1.8 cf firebox, so with red oak the longest burn I can get is right around 8 hours.
(East/West burning)

I can get 12-14 hrs with hedge apple

Status
Not open for further replies.