What's YOUR Rate Of Consumption

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not had a fire yet. We are in heat pump season right now. This is the one of two times a year when it runs at peak efficency, so we let it do it's job. Our all electric home has always produced the lowest energy costs in Oct. and Apr. We will probably light the stove along about mid November it looks like, but only a night fire, as during the day the sun will normally warm the house fine. That and her 5 "geek space heaters" (computers) that run all day m-f.

No idea . . . I've just been burning my stash of chunks, punks and uglies . . . haven't pulled a single stick of wood out of wood shed yet . . . I figure by mid-November or so I'll be getting the primo wood ready to burn.

I've only had a few fires. October for us was unseasonably warm. I don't think I've burned more than a small bundle of uglies.

It's getting colder - but I appreciate the break. I'm hoping my wood will go further this year. I've got 9 cords and I'll only use 4 to 5.

In the peak of the winter - I go thru a tupperware bin (about the size of a cooler) in a 24 hour period. Maybe equates to about a full cord per month.

I've gone through a 1/4 cord of unfortunately, really good wood. It just worked out that this year I'm burning almost all White and Red Oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.