When changing blower or heat settings, display keeps changing to low burn air setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sirtwist2

Oct 17, 2007
ct
Greetings,

I have an England Stove Works pellet stove, model 25-pdvc/55-shp10 with a date of 10/03, bought new.

Once we start using it regularly, it runs 24/7 and provides heat for about a third of the house. The rest of the house is heated primarily with an oil furnace and secondarily with a fireplace.

We've had some problems with the pellet stove over the years, taking into account the usage it gets, nothing to complain about. I've had to change both augers, both auger motors, and the electrical board.

I fired it up for the first time this year last week and have been having a new problem. When I first tried to start it, it kept displaying the low burn air setting. Eventually, after unplugging it numerous times, starting and stopping it numerous times, and pressing all the buttons numerous times, I was able to get it to run. Now, whenever I try to change the heat and/or blower settings, the display reverts to the low burn air setting. If I press the on button, the display goes back to the blower and heat settings, if I try to change one, it goes back to the low burn air setting. Once in awhile, it will do this on its own but usually when changing the heat or blower settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Curious to find out the answer here. My folks have a 25-pdv that behaves very similar and we are quite stumped. Their stove was manufactured around the same time as yours. My 25-pdvc was built in 2013 and has never behaved like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.