When did this place get so big?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babalu87

Nov 23, 2005
middleborough, ma.
Stuff from yesterday on page three?
Its getting tough to keep track of all the discussions going on here, hopefully everyone is getting questions answered and issues resolved.

I know there has been a bump recently but WOW, Craig must be running to the bank every day :)

I found this site only yesterday while Googling for gasfication of wood. I have been burning wood for 40 years and maybe I can add something.

Ya, it is getting busy. I kinda liked the suggestion of dividing the hearth room up some more. I think we need a seperate room for pelletstoves.

Bunch of new folks coming in, which is really great. As far as site income, it tends to stay the same.....I never raise the rates and often lower them! That is why the best businesses have separate sales departments! Hearth.com is more a labor of love, and I do not maximize revenues. Someday I may sell it to an entity that does....and then maybe they will hire me to do all the new features (test lab, video, etc.).....

My big money months were the couple after Katrina. I still look back to those google reports......one day it hit $300 a day for the google ads. Not bad - that would be $9K a month just for those ads! Could probably do 1/2 that even now if I maximized, but heck it's more fun to hang out here, play tennis and go on dates with WWidow.....only X number of hours in the day.

I think adding the goggle search on this page and having a short list of the most popular links will help some folks answer their own questions. I'll try to do those two this week. And, I want to add a bunch more podcasts (Gulland has agreed to do some), and get more bloggers going. Lots to do......and the rest of time to do it.

I would guess it is all those Hearth.com Super Cedars we have sent out.

How about for the holidays if anyone wants to send me their own labels, I WILL AFFIX THEM AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. Could be the picture of the family or just some text. Keep it down to maximum of 30.
Great stocking stuffers

Thomas

Thomas, I'm the one that e-mailed you this AM and asked about ordering 100 and getting a few gift boxes so I can give them away as gifts.

With everything I am saving burning wood the extra spent on your product will be worth the hassle of newspaper ETC.

NW Fuels said:
Webmaster said:
Hearth.com Supercedars? What the heck are they?

I'm hoping your kidding. I know your'e getting up there!
Thomas

Things are getting bad when even NW does not understand me - hey, refresh your browser and check out my new avatar!

Attachments

• private-all.jpg
    private-all.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 370
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, it's not even light out here yet. Wait until Thomas has some coffee. :)

Coaster said:
Shouldn't the label say "remove wrapper" instead of "open wrapper"? Wasn't there a guy on here that didn't know if the wrapper was to be removed before lighting?

I SOOOOOOOO want to get into a packaging company that makes something like Twinkies and put OPEN OTHER END on BOTH SIDES every box.
George Carlin , still funny after 50 years in comedy

Coaster said:
Webmaster said:
NW Fuels said:
Webmaster said:

Thomas

Things are getting bad when even NW does not understand me - hey, refresh your browser and check out my new avatar!

Shouldn't the label say "remove wrapper" instead of "open wrapper"? Wasn't there a guy on here that didn't know if the wrapper was to be removed before lighting?

I just ordered a few hundred thousand labels. We did change it to read "remove wrapper."
Thanks for the clue!

Thomas

Webmaster said:
NW Fuels said:
Webmaster said:

Thomas

OK Now I get it. I just refreshed! Thats a good looking label.

Status
Not open for further replies.