When do tractor supply splitters go on sale?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nctacoma

Apr 24, 2012
Is there a certain time of year that Tractor Supply will put their log splitters on sale? I am interested in picking up the popular 22 ton model but want to wait for a deal if possible.

Thanks

The regular price in my region has been $1099 and the sale price is $999. A quick check on TSC's website shows the $999 price for my zip code.

Note that the brand name has changed from Huskee to CountyLine.

They were on sale in August for 950. I bought mine july 31'st for 999. They honored the sale price when I called and asked about it and refunded 49 plus tax, I bought the 4 way wedge with the refund.

My local TSC has had 6 of the 22 Tons sitting out there for months.. I ask about a sale every time I go in and the answer is always we don't know... I ask if they will match my 10% military discount, and answer is no.. but I could get the TSC credit card which I don't want. They really want to sell them for full price I guess. Probably end up with either a DHT or Ariens 22 Ton using my mil discount, haven't figured out which yet..

Is there any real difference between the TSC and DHT 22 tons?

I bought mine last year on black Friday for $949.00

The main differences between TSC and DHT are the jack stand, cradle and cycle time is faster on DHT. All that is a plus to DHT.

The downside I see to DHT is it usually costs a little more and the cross on the butt plate seems way thick - it would brand an x into the wood. As of now I think the smaller tabs on the TSC towards the top and edges would be better for the uglies that don't fit flat center on the plate.

I like the cradle area of the DHT better. It is like the old huskees with added cradle wings on it. The newer huskees/Countyline wood does get jammed under the rail every now and then.

If I was buying one now between the two I would go DHT for the faster cycle and better jack stand.

Pretty close in build and quality otherwise.

+1 on the DHT models. Some better features that I'd pay a little more to have on those splitters.

I'd check out the Lowe's website. I got my dirty hand tools 22ton for 999.99 and couldn't be happier with it. 11 second cycle time, she hiccups on the bigger rounds but always gets through. Passed a big test by splitting 22'' elm rounds from the summer with ease. I've only owned it for about 2 months and 6 cords worth but so far so good.

Reactions: stayfitz
I've already seen the Black Friday ad for TSC for this year and it's going to be $899.

My local TSC has had 6 of the 22 Tons sitting out there for months.. I ask about a sale every time I go in and the answer is always we don't know... I ask if they will match my 10% military discount, and answer is no.. but I could get the TSC credit card which I don't want. They really want to sell them for full price I guess. Probably end up with either a DHT or Ariens 22 Ton using my mil discount, haven't figured out which yet..

Is there any real difference between the TSC and DHT 22 tons?
That sucks they won't give military discount, I will be keeping that in mind for future purchases. Thank you guys for your service!

Reactions: Spletz and Gareth96
Status
Not open for further replies.