1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

When do you stop cutting for the year?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by CowboyAndy, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapratt

sapratt Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwestern, Oh
    You stop cutting wood when you stop breathing. Until then its non stop. I've told my
    wife many times I'm done for the year. Then I see wood waiting for a new home
    and I can't pass it up.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. countrybois

countrybois Member

Loc:
    NE Illinois
    [/quote]

Huh???? Thats the best time there is, in my opinion. Thats when you can really get down to work without the sweat dripping in your eyes. I love a nice, crisp, calm, 20 degree, clear winter day. Gets the blood pumping. I'll be down to a sweat shirt and loving it.

Signed: Big bear Jags. ;-P[/quote]

Amen brother!! That's the best.
  3. Rockey

Rockey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    Oh sweet, I am reminded of one sultry model whos last words to me were "When hell freezes over" I think its time to collect boys.
  4. JBinKC

JBinKC Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Lake of the Ozarks
    Feb 1-April 15th and the month of October is when I normally do all of my wood gathering and processing. Time when the temperatures are cold enough to do some work and doesn't impede with my other outdoor hobbies.
  5. BurningIsLove

BurningIsLove New Member

Loc:
    Billerica, MA
    Echo that....nothing better than providing amusement to the neighbors while outside in freezing temps in a worn out t-shirt & torn jeans splitting w/ a maul. Although in all seriousness, I dont generally use my chainsaw if Im standing in snow for safety reasons.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.