When do you stop cutting for the year?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You stop cutting wood when you stop breathing. Until then its non stop. I've told my
wife many times I'm done for the year. Then I see wood waiting for a new home
and I can't pass it up.

[/quote]

Huh???? Thats the best time there is, in my opinion. Thats when you can really get down to work without the sweat dripping in your eyes. I love a nice, crisp, calm, 20 degree, clear winter day. Gets the blood pumping. I'll be down to a sweat shirt and loving it.

Signed: Big bear Jags. ;-P[/quote]

Amen brother!! That's the best.

Adios Pantalones said:
when there's snow on the ground in the summer

Oh sweet, I am reminded of one sultry model whos last words to me were "When hell freezes over" I think its time to collect boys.

Feb 1-April 15th and the month of October is when I normally do all of my wood gathering and processing. Time when the temperatures are cold enough to do some work and doesn't impede with my other outdoor hobbies.

Jags said:
CowboyAndy said:
I could not imagine being out there in anything colder than 40* or so.

Huh???? Thats the best time there is, in my opinion. Thats when you can really get down to work without the sweat dripping in your eyes. I love a nice, crisp, calm, 20 degree, clear winter day. Gets the blood pumping. I'll be down to a sweat shirt and loving it.

Echo that....nothing better than providing amusement to the neighbors while outside in freezing temps in a worn out t-shirt & torn jeans splitting w/ a maul. Although in all seriousness, I dont generally use my chainsaw if Im standing in snow for safety reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.