When I saw this all I could think of was wood hauler 2010!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a nice wood hauler if it was a dump. Too tall for me, I like a low riding trailer. Maybe you could turn it into a dump truck?

You can get these DIRT cheap at the gov. auctions, but they can often need a lot of work.

M35 duce. I use to fix them when I was in the army.. I would love to have one. but it has to be an A2 model with a winch and turbo

I hope you have the ability to lift the wood up to head height. Cuz, thats about where the bed of that thing starts. Friends of mine has one for their business. They are putting a dual winch system in the back end for "Extreme Recovery". They need something that is solid and can handle the stress of big winches as well as get to where they need to be.

They are tough machine for sure, but I'm not too sure how "handy" it would be for wood hauling.

Aw. Man! Major flashback! Useta drive em in Germany in the early 70's...
Multi-fuel 6x6 Deuce-and-a-half with an ANGRC-26D Radio Rig on the back
Could go just about anywhere with em, but if ya got em stuck...yowza...
We hadda get an M60A1 Patton tank to drag us outta the mud at Graffenwoehr...
Jeez...I'm old...*sigh*

I was in Graffenwoehr too back in 89. I was a truck mechanic and Recovery NCO. Ahhh the good old days.. pulling out someone elses truck with someone elses truck.. What a blast!

DAKSY said:
...Jeez...I'm old...*sigh*

Of the 7 ships on which I served during my 30+ years in the Navy, all have since been decommissioned. I'm old. Rick

Jamess67 said:
I was in Graffenwoehr too back in 89. I was a truck mechanic and Recovery NCO. Ahhh the good old days.. pulling out someone elses truck with someone elses truck.. What a blast!

You were there about 16 years after me...Them tank trails still as muddy as ever?
Spent most of my 7 tours at Graf on Pap South in a radio rig...
Artillery firing over our heads at targets in the valley...
Funny thing, after I got out in 73 & used the GI Bill to get a college education,
I ended up MAKING artillery at Watervliet Arsenal...
BIG guns!

I was in a F/A (towed 155s) unit in Korea and in Communication in Tx when I went to Germany/ Iraq. Yes the tank trails are still mud pits and a blast to go 6 wheeling in. Or 4wheeling in the Hummers.

Hummers ? You must be a young buck. The Army did not have Hummers whenI was in. We had the old CUT VVVVSSSS and the old reliable duece and a half. Man were they loud, thats why we had noise discipline.

Actually I was in the first AIT class to learn to fix Hummers(1985) We had a lot of CUCVs too They were acutally hard to kill. Had a Blazer airborne more than once.

fossil said:
DAKSY said:
...Jeez...I'm old...*sigh*

Of the 7 ships on which I served during my 30+ years in the Navy, all have since been decommissioned. I'm old. Rick

My boat is decommissioned, my plane is decommissioned, my rate (job) was "absorbed" and my base no longer belongs to the USN. I might be a few years behind ya, but knowing that everything I did, no longer exists, is a bummer. Times change.

jnthuskers said:
Hummers ? You must be a young buck. The Army did not have Hummers whenI was in. We had the old CUT VVVVSSSS and the old reliable duece and a half. Man were they loud, thats why we had noise discipline.

Hummers?
WTF is a CUT VVVVSSSS?

Active duty 71 -73
The Army had just phased out the ole Jeep 3/4 ton &
we were drivin Jeep 5/4 tons & deuce-and-a-halfs &
they were just getting the new 6x6/6x4 Gamma Goats...
That was at HHB VCA in Darmstadt at the Cambai-Fritsche Kaserne...
C-F was closed recently turned back over to the Germans...
*sigh* "All things must pass..."
ETS 12 Nov 73

DAKSY said:
jnthuskers said:

Hummers?
WTF is a CUT VVVVSSSS?

Active duty 71 -73
The Army had just phased out the ole Jeep 3/4 ton &
we were drivin Jeep 5/4 tons & deuce-and-a-halfs &
they were just getting the new 6x6/6x4 Gamma Goats...
That was at HHB VCA in Darmstadt at the Cambai-Fritsche Kaserne...
C-F was closed recently turned back over to the Germans...
*sigh* "All things must pass..."
ETS 12 Nov 73

I haven't got clue what you grunts is talkin'. Marine Air Wing driving a '56 panhead.

<>I haven't got clue what you grunts is talkin'. Marine Air Wing driving a '56 panhead<>

Nice! Your scoot is almost as old as me!...
I had my 08 Softail Cross Bones on the road yesterday...
A BALMY 12 degrees when I left for the local H.O.G. Chapter meeting...
Needless to say, I had the only H-D there... :bug:

Status
Not open for further replies.