When is winter coming!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
Man I'm ready to really burn and have it hot, I want snow cold and all the good stuff!!

Sorry I like to snowmobile to much :coolgrin:

you must have been sleeping, we have already had winter. It is now spring. Better go get your mower ready.... ;-)

Be careful what you wish for!

Fish On said:
Man I'm ready to really burn and have it hot, I want snow cold and all the good stuff!!

Consider giving your head a good shake.........................................................

Turd Ferguson said:
Be careful what you wish for!

I agree, we have plenty of time for the cold to set in... I really emjoyed 73* today, even had the Hot Rod out one last time and ran a 103 mph pass in just 10 seconds...

Fish On said:

I will buck the majority and side with the fish. The motorcycles have been put away, the snowmobiles have been dropped off for pre-season service, the snow plow has a fresh coat of fisher yellow and the pellets are stacked in the garage. Lets rock.

Doocrew said:
Fish On said:

I will buck the majority and side with the fish. The motorcycles have been put away, the snowmobiles have been dropped off for pre-season service, the snow plow has a fresh coat of fisher yellow and the pellets are stacked in the garage. Lets rock.

What, did you two get dropped on your heads when you were little??? ;-P

67 today here in Central NH...I was out riding the old Gold Wing this afternoon. It can stay like this all winter...I don't care.

I want it cold with no snow... you can't install liners with 2 feet of snow on the roof

MagnaFlex said:
I want it cold with no snow...
Me too! I want it warm with no snow....that's the same thing, only different, right? :cheese:

Gee why everybody hate the cold! If I wanted it nice I would live in florida.

Don't tell me you all go and get milk before a flake falls and are at homies with the news people making a big deal at mother nature.

Let it snow let it snow!

The day I picked up my stove It was 98 deg. I think It was june of this year. I went back today and picked up 10 more bags of Okanagan's (BTU did you here the cash register ring) and It was 58 deg. I got home and the house is 70 deg. without running the oil boiler or the pellet stove I figure If I keep making small trips in the Honda Accord I can keep the temperature like It is all winter ( wishful thinking)
Dont like snow but will take It over Ice
Cold Its only cold outside my house is as warm as hell's Kitchen
Jim

P.S. Does anyone know what Okanogan means Like is It an Indian word for HOT WOOD and wouldn't It of been easier for us old farts to remember how to spell If they had named It hotter than hell pellets

macman said:
New Hampshire Jim said:
....P.S. Does anyone know what Okanogan means Like is It an Indian word for HOT WOOD and wouldn't It of been easier for us old farts to remember how to spell If they had named It hotter than hell pellets

LOL...that would have been funny if it was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okanagan

OK I've read the Wikipedia article. We few, we happy few, now know more about the Okanagan Valley than almost the entire human race. :)

Stentor said:
macman said:
New Hampshire Jim said:
....P.S. Does anyone know what Okanogan means Like is It an Indian word for HOT WOOD and wouldn't It of been easier for us old farts to remember how to spell If they had named It hotter than hell pellets

OK I've read the Wikipedia article. We few, we happy few, now know more about the Okanagan Valley than almost the entire human race. :)
It's similar in spelling to a town near here, Ontanogan. I thought it was where you got hit to make you like the cold and snow. Those hits on da head
can make you goofy.

FireintheHole said:
Stentor said:
macman said:
New Hampshire Jim said:

It's similar in spelling to a town near here, Ontanogan. I thought it was where you got hit to make you like the cold and snow. Those hits on da head
can make you goofy.
Ontonagon is the correct spelling, sorry. It's over 100 miles away, they're almost Badgers.

My stove has only been run twice in the last week. Long stretch of 50's and 60's here in Maine. Winter is coming and will probably come as a shock.

Zackdog said:
Winter arrived yesterday at my house. 8 inches of snow and at 6:30 this morning the temperature is -4 degrees F. This is way too early for negative temperatures.

Mark

That is Gorbal warming, Al must have been in your area in his travels. Usually when he goes somewhere to deliver a speech he gets hit with snow, cold, ice, or any combination of same. I think Mother Nature is trying to deliver a message.

In Canada we don't think -4 is cold ,still ride motor cycles at that temp .I saw one yesterday ,it made me sorry that I put mine away .

Status
Not open for further replies.